06 December 2009

Life's Good =D


My parents are back!!! They arrived on 2nd December, and life for me has been very good cause i get to spend time with my dear mommy and ignore the existence of whatsherface. Hahahaha... My Bro's been very good too! He's more rounder now, soo Haha! We've been watchin horror flicks at midnight for the past few days along with LP and some other cousins. Like i said, life's good for now =)

So, since my parents are back, i get to be a spoilt brat again! Hahaha, just kidding! Im not that spoilt~ =D
Anyways, I,ve bought aome very awesome DVDs to watch with my bros and some Novels (Finally!) for me to read during this very very very long holiday. I totally went all out in buying the novels cause its totally been a while since my last novels and i believe that i had "Book Withdrawal" symptoms a while back, but all of that is gone and im simply able to enjoy a good book. Although, i've still have a problem about finishing a book a day cause at this rate i'd probably be out of books to read in a week or two. With that, i really need to read my books in moderation and control my bookmania...

Anyways, i bought the books yesterday at Reader's Haven at Jerudong. My parents dropped me off there while they had some bank transaction to do. I was content with this because for me, book shopping is very delicate at takes time, i tend to not 'Judge a book by its cover' literally, so i surveyed through the genres which i sometimes get confused about especially with 'Supernatural/Paranormal' and 'Fantasy'... You see, my favourite genre would be the former which is 'Supernatural/Paranormal'. In my mind, 'Paranormal/Supernatural' would be about Vamps, Ghosts, Witches and Weres. And 'Fantasy' would be about Fairies, Elves, Pixies and Ogres or whatever. The problem is, these 2 genres seem to melt together as one like Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels, where there are Vamps, Were, Witches and now Fairies & Maenads are included. I dont mind the 2 genres mix but what i do mind is the classification of this new Genre, its now not 'Paranormal/Supernatural' nor is it 'Fantasy'.... I've grown a fondness of this new genre and its hard for me to find it cause i have to look under both 'Supernatural/Paranormal' and 'Fantasy', although most of the new genre are put under 'Paranormal' i just cant shake off the feeling it also belongs in the 'Fantasy' section and sure enough some of them are put under there too. Its very confusing for me so i tend to just survey all of the other sections...

Anyways, i bought 5 books yesterday and it costed $80+, Damn! i kinda felt guilty about that but i thought, "Bukannya Selalu", and just forgot about cause Dad also didn't seem to mind... Im quite happy with my selection although im also dissapointed cause i couldn't find anymore books from Lillith Saintcrow but i did find a book by Terri Pratchett which i wanted to read ages ago and now im able to, Yay! =D

I guess, My life is happy for now, But just wait till the results season cause im not quite sure of my grades~~~ Mom&Dad want me to study abroad but im content with studying here near home but i'll do whatever to pleas them. But im just afraid of what will happen if i dont get to study abroad. I'd hate to see the look of dissapointment in their eyes... ='(

But whateverlh~ Heres a quote from one of the new books that i read and finished in one day! (1 down 4 more to go!);

"Whats the worst that could happen? You'll die but we dont know if thats a bad thing" Kitty & The Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn

No comments: